søndag 29. januar 2012

Music and children

During the summers when I was a kid, I spent a lot of time in our car, driving to places. Every summer we went to my dad's home to visit grandma, uncles, aunts and cousins. It was an 8 hour ride. And we also drove other places. All around Norway to be tourists in our own country and see the beauty it had to show. As we got older we drove to places around in Europe. Although a lot of hours have been spent inside a car, it's something I wouldn't be without. It has given me memories that I will  never forget. But that's beside my point.

We always had music with us in the car, and the first couple of years there were especially two CD's that we used to listened to. It's amazing that they haven't been ruined after all the use. They are still very much alive. In fact, they are lying here beside me on the couch. The CD's are full of great childrens song. They are also a part of my family, as they have been listened to thousands and thousands of times. It's fun to listen to them again. I still know every single word on every song.

What's even funnier is listening to the CD's I listened to when I got a little older. When I started listening to English music. At the time, I had absolutely no idea what the lyrics meant, I just sang along with sounds I thought were right. Listening to it again now is kind of weird. I still know the "sounds" I made while singing along, and it makes me laugh. What's even worse is that I can now finally understand what the songs I listened to actually meant. I got to say, some of the songs are okay, but some of them, wow, I can't even believe I listened to it.

But that just shows what kids are like. They don't care what it means, as long as the songs are something that makes them want to sing a long, they do that, sing a long. And that's why I love kids. They don't have a care in the world. Well, except if the sister got more chocolate and stuff like that. I think that's why I love being with kids. For them, it's all about right then and there. Not tomorrow and not next year. They live in the moment, and when I am with them, I do the same. I forget about my heart hurting because of a guy, I forget about the worries of my future and I don't have to deal with all kinds of stupid drama. I love it. I love being with kids, and I have finally found out exactly what I want to do with my life. It feels so great!

One of our many trips, this time somewhere in Europe in the middle of the night 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar