lørdag 17. september 2011

I think I love college a little

For once, I am actually looking forward to school. And that's not because I get to see all my friends there. I really enjoy this now. College has a totally different environment than high school. At least in Norway it does. I'm majoring in nursing, pediatric nursing to be exact, but I gotta get a degree in nursing before I can move on to pediatric. But back to my point. First of all, I only have classes that have something to do with nursing, no history, politics, Norwegian or English, just anatomy, communication and so on. It is certainly more than enough though, that's for sure, but it is nothing more than what I really need for my future as a nurse.

And the people have a lot to say as well. No one is complaining anymore about how there is no point in learning this because we will never use it later on in life anyway. People are interested in what we are learning, people want to learn as much as possible about this, everyone has a different attitude than in high school. And you have people of all ages. The oldest one in my group is 50 years old, which mean we get a very different point of view when it comes to stuff, because this lady has a lot more experience than us students coming straight from high school. I like working with older people as well. And people are more grown up, they don't make trouble out of small things, and I don't think I will have to deal with loosing a friend again like I did last year, because people here are simply not that childish.

And we have practice. In the school there is built a hospital hall with four rooms, each room having four beds. We go around and pretend to be in a hospital, which I found really exciting. It makes me know for sure that I have chosen the right thing. And that is really good to know, since I was so unsure of what to do with my life. I know what I have chosen is right, I just don't know if I have chosen the right place to do it, although my college is great.




Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar